where the only stress is caused by a vain attempt to use up all the yarn I've acquired ... or to put it another way ... Hello, I'm Mary-Lou, and I haven't thought about knitting for at least two minutes ...!
Fellow addicts, feel free to contact me and sympathise, at mlqknits AT gmail DOT com, or you can find me at www.ravelry.com (user name mlqknits)
Just for those who like these details, the yarn is Phildar Pure Laine 3 1/2 (a machine washable pure wool DK), the booties are from this pattern by Brooklynhandmade, and I made up the patterns for the matching hat and jumper.
Pattern for the dress is 'Lacy Days of Summer' by Mari Lynn Patrick, from Crochet Today July/August 2007, and I made a hair-band using the remains of the yarn, and the stitch pattern from the dress edging.
Main yarn used is Plassard Tahiti (a light DK / sport-weight variegated cotton) bought last summer in France, and the contrast yarn is a cotton DK with some viscose, and came from Lidl a couple of years back (remember the 3 50g balls for £1.50 offer?) I amended the pattern very slightly as the original pattern for the skirt has 10 increased treble stitches (US double crochet) per increase round, and this would have made the skirt too full, so I opted for 8 stitches.
Also note that the sleeves are quite difficult to seam onto the bodice, the rows don't match up exactly, and have to be stretched to fit, so whip stitching or mattress stitching was not really an option. I decided to get around the problem by lapping the two edges, and back-stitching along the chain edge of the bodice, detail below
Sorry about lack of posting - am about to set that right with a number of picture heavy posts ...
1) not a Wormhead hat, but based on the designs / methods in the new book - yarn is Red Heart "Rag Doll"
2) 'Guimauve' from the new book - yarn is Twilley's 'Freedom Spirit DK'
3) Based on the Hex Hat design - yarn is Twilley's 'Freedom Spirit DK'
4) 'Rainbow Warrior' from the new book - yarn is Lang 'Mille Colori'
5) 'Sweet Winkie' from the new book - I added an extra panel for a fatter point. Yarn is Twilley's 'Freedom Spirit DK'
6) 'Mittens for Kittens' - design should be on the website in a week or so, and features tubular cast on / cast off (optional, but nice finish). Fits small to medium, takes 1 ball of Twilley's 'Freedom Spirit DK'